Age:
I don’t think that a society without age as a classification would be a good society since age determines how we are as individuals. When it comes to deciding what we are allowed to do, age is a big factor.
In Sweden we cannot vote or drive a car before we turn 18, since we are not considered to be ready and mature enough to have those responsibilities. I don’t think that a seven-year-old is ready to drive a car so I think that the age limitations are there for a good reason.
While you grow older, you get more experiences and you get also more knowledge and, hopefully, you will be able to think about consequences and make the right decision.
Gender:
A society where gender didn’t matter would be easier to imagine, since gender doesn’t determine your capabilities and your maturity. But still, I think that a society where gender didn’t matter would be hard to get, since we are different by nature. For instance, there are things that women can do and men don’t. Women are the only ones who could give birth, and we cannot escape from that. So saying that gender doesn’t matter isn’t quite possible, since we are biological different. But, a society where gender didn’t matter, when it comes to rights and such, could be possible. A society where it didn’t matter if you are a woman or a man when you’re working, etc., would be a good society.
Monday, 27 April 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment